24.6.10

Whats Hot? Fuego Outdoor Living Grill

I am in the process of designing an outdoor patio for clients. It is a challenging project as well as being very exacting, with a lot of technical details to take into consideration (gas lines, water lines, electrical panel load limits, permit approvals, etc), before I can even start on the ‘pretty stuff.’ This outdoor patio is on the roof of a penthouse, with a spectacular view of the ocean, mountains, and city of Vancouver. It is a breathtaking 130 feet in length, and is probably larger than most people’s back yards. 

Every once in awhile I come across a new and innovatively designed product that causes me to stop and take notice, and with a sigh of relief, that I have found an esthetically pleasing alternative to a category of product design that generally leaves my visual sensibilities assaulted. Finally an outdoor grill (notice that it is not referred to as a BBQ - ‘Grill’ is the operative new terminology), that shakes up tradition, and is beautiful to look at. “A campfire for modernists,” “a social magnet with a great sense of style.” Attaching a label to this Fuego outdoor living grill is trickier than throwing a salmon – wild, rubbed with herbs and spices – on an open flame. As well as Fuego being a top rated grill, it has a modernist design aesthetic with sleek-lined minimalism. One that I wouldn’t mind gracing my clients’ patio.

Fuego Outdoor Living Grill 
Fuego Catalogue

Fuego Outdoor Living Grill 
Fuego Grill 01

What do you think?  Would you like to have this Fuego grill gracing your patio?
I’ll take the pool!

PATRICIA GRAY INC is an award winning interior design firm writing about lifestyle and
WHAT'S HOT in the world of interior design, architecture, art and travel.
2011 © Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

22 comments:

  1. I don't want it - I need it

    This is stunning! I actually need 2 one for my patio one for my studio deck (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have it all! :) Nice grill. We're building & one of the first 'extras' we put on the house were outside connections: gas etc. That way we can have a 'pretty' grill without the gas bottle. :) My husband's basically building a kitchen outside and I think (with this pic) I'll be able to convince him to use the slate underfoot. Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree, I'll definitely take the pool!! And that 'grill' is fantastic. Love the modern and not-so-bulky appeal. I'll have to show my hubby {the one who would actually use it, lol!).
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I love it! I would just hope it stays clean and pretty after several uses. We all know how ugly BBQ's can get. I suppose that's what the hired help is for though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear patricia..

    your project sounds amazing (and difficult) and i look forward to seeing the progress!

    the grill is fantastic... now i will go "punch" on my ignitor on my little home depot grill... he he

    hope this finds you well... xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, want it, would need complete remodel of backyard, pool and patio to make it work :)

    x

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the grill !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous25/6/10

    I have no earthly idea how to decorate outside. The outside of my house depresses me. Good thing I live across from a golf course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the dreaded grill! I saw a portable kitchen on a site yesterday that was similar to this. It had a sink and everything. I know you'll be excited to start the fun stuff. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sergei25/6/10

    Its Sergei working with Better Homes and Gardens. I loved your latest post, the grill looks amazing!!! Simple, elegant, yet highly functional. I wouldn't mind it gracing my patio ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunnig!

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patrica,

    Dreams do come in all sizes don't they. I'll take it all.

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not into bbq's or "grilling" but I would not mind having it, like you i want the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely yes! I'll take the grill AND the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous27/6/10

    This is absolutely so "me" when it comes to interior design. I can't imagine anybody that does not want that pool! Just discovered your fantastic blog and I am stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to have it! i've been wanting a grill for a while but somehow haven't gotten it... have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have no earthly idea how to decorate outside. The outside of my house depresses me. Yes I agree, I'll definitely take the pool!! And that 'grill' is fantastic. Good thing I live across from a golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia - great to see what dreams are made of as I belated search for my Vancouver bbq. Only interested in this model if all the beautiful people are included?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, This is too good, thank you very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! very nice idea. Fuego grill gracing outdoor patio will look very beautiful. I would like to make it for my outdoor patio.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow!!!!!! nice idea...................i wanna it too

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...